During my attempt to connect PyCharm to a SQL Server data source with Windows Authentication and ran into a slew of errors. Upon searching I noticed there was a dearth of resources on this issue.
Some posts mention messing with your certificate store but with a local sever I dont have the interest in configuring certificate based auth.
From experience I knew a security issue reported in SQL Auth generally is related to the certificates/encryption settings on the connection, often turning it off works fine (don’t do this in production.)
I found nothing useful in the SSL/TLS – clearly the standard “uncheck encryption” trick isn’t managed here.
Looking further I found the Driver: section, here the MSSQL driver settings I needed are available.
Click the Advanced tab.
Update integratedSecurity to true and encrypt to false.
This fixed my authentication issues with the local server.